jueves, 31 de marzo de 2016

Anatomy Bitch


This is my response to the Hawkeye Initiative. 

It's fine to draw women sexy, I'm not offended by that.

What does seriously offend me is that there are professional artists out there, paid professional artists, who make a living off of producing grossly anatomically incorrect art. They are creating a bad standard of body image, and a bad standard for artists. I'm guessing at one time many of them had to go to some form of art school. What makes me mad is that if I drew art like they do, with the horrible misshapen anatomy or the stereotypical 'comic' art approach in terms of style I would have flunked all of my illustration and life drawing classes. These artists that draw like this are lowering professional standards of what drawing of the human figure are.

I'm not saying that my anatomy or artwork is perfect, or better than the originals. All I am doing is drawing attention to how wrong art has become, that we have become desensitized to bad anatomy in art. I am calling for more true anatomy in comic book art. 

The help this cause this post is dedicated to providing great realistic anatomy references and tutorials, as well as critiquing bad anatomy in art when it comes along.

Comic book artists, put a little more effort into your anatomy please.


That's right. I'm going to be an Anatomy Bitch. You've been warned.


















(Source: anatomybitch.tumblr.com)

votar

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario